Now accepting applications for the 2020 SDLA Institute!
- Apply: applications for the 2020 SDLA Institute will be accepted until Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Membership: You can only apply for the Institute if you are member of SDLA. If you wish to request a fee waiver for economic hardship, please visit here. If your waiver is granted, you will be given a membership and therefore have access to the application.
- Nominate outstanding progressive emerging leaders for the SDLA Institute.
If you are considering applying to the SDLA Institute, please be sure you:
- Share SDLA's Progressive Values
- Can commit to the 2020 Institute Schedule
- Give yourself sufficient time to respond thoughtfully and thoroughly to the two essay questions on our application and submit an up-to-date resume
- Will stay involved in the progressive community after the conclusion of the Institute
Want to learn more about the SDLA Institute?
- Read more about the SDLA Institute.
- Attend an Information Session. We will be scheduling several sessions throughout the County — check back for additional dates!
- Applicants should review the Institute schedule prior to applying, as all Fellows are expected to be present for the entirety of each Institute session. A full calendar can be viewed here (subject to change).
SDLA Institute Information Sessions:
- The best way to find out more about the SDLA Institute is to attend an Information Session.
- Information session hosts provide a brief overview of the program, and offer plenty of time for Q&A.
- You will have a chance to hear from board members, selections committee members, and alumni of the program.
- These are informal, optional events meant to help you decide whether to apply to the SDLA Institute.