On September 15, the San Diego Leadership Alliance launched a new membership initiative.
Our core program will always be our annual six-month Institute, but it can serve only a limited number of Fellows each year. Our membership program will allow more San Diegans of all ages who are committed to the values of the SDLA to participate in our programs and to be a part of our mission to develop the progressive infrastructure of our region.
Members of the SDLA receive a variety of benefits, which we expect will grow over time:
- Free application to the SDLA Institute (from now on, you must be a member to apply)
- Invitation to members-only events
- Service on a committee to help plan SDLA activities
- SDLA's pipeline for award nominations and appointment recommendations
- Knowing that you are supporting the next generation of progressive leadership in San Diego
Annual memberships for the SDLA start at $30 per year, with other options if you would like to support our efforts at a higher level. For the first year, anyone who joins at the $150 level will be listed on our website in perpetuity as a "Founding Member." We also accept applications for economic hardship waivers, so that an ability to pay is never a barrier to membership.
We hope you will join us for our membership events this fall. The first is a mixer for new and potential members, and the other is a members only “just for fun” taco, beer, and cultural tour in Tijuana.
Our membership program is an exciting new chapter in the life of the San Diego Leadership Alliance. Please help advance our mission and expand our network by becoming a member today!