What is the San Diego Leadership Alliance?
- The San Diego Leadership Alliance (SDLA) is a local nonprofit dedicated to building progressive leadership in San Diego.
- The SDLA’s flagship program is the SDLA Institute, a six-month intensive skills and relationship-building program for progressive young professionals.
- The SDLA Institute includes the following elements:
- Training on fundraising for politics and nonprofits
- Policy analysis
- Messaging and strategic communications
- Life entrepreneurship
- Political management
- Mentorship opportunities
- Networking events with local organizations
Who should apply for the SDLA Institute?
- The SDLA Institute is for progressive young professionals and emerging leaders.
- Institute Fellows have a demonstrated capacity to take risks and make meaningful change in the world around them.
- The SDLA Institute is not just for political professionals, but also for those in business, law, education, defense, and the non-profit and philanthropic sectors.
- Applicants should review the Institute schedule prior to applying, as all Fellows are expected to be present for the entirety of each Institute session.
How do I learn more about the SDLA?
- Visit our website at https://www.sdleadership.org/sdla-institute for the following information:
- Details on optional info-sessions for prospective applicants.
- Read about past Fellows, and past Institute programs.
- Sign up for the SDLA email distribution list.
How else can I help out the SDLA’s mission?
- To nominate candidates for the SDLA Institute, click here.
- Offer to be a mentor for a Fellow or serve on a committee of the SDLA Board of Directors
- Become a member at http://sdleadership.org.
Who runs the SDLA?
- The SDLA is a nonprofit, run by local volunteers.
- The San Diego Leadership Alliance is managed by two co-directors, Caryl Montero-Adams and Maria Gpe. Bojorquez-Gomez, as well as about 16 other board members.
How do I apply for the next SDLA Institute?
- Application opens in September of 2022. Return here for the application form in the fall.
- DEADLINE: Applications are due by 11:59 PM on November 1, 2022.
- Applicants must be members of the SDLA ($30) to apply, and there is a $200 deposit to participate. The $200 deposit is returned to Fellows after they complete the Institute.
San Diego Leadership Alliance 2022 Institute Dates
- SESSIONS 1 & 2. Saturday & Sunday, January 22 & 23
- Happy Hour to follow with Fellows only.
- SESSION 3. Saturday, February 5
- SESSION 4. Saturday, February 26
- SESSION 5. Saturday, March 5
- SESSION 6. Saturday, March 19
- SESSION 7. Saturday, April 9
- SESSION 8. Saturday, April 30
- SESSION 9. Saturday, May 14
FELLOWS FUNDRAISER. Mid-May 2021
- SESSION 10. Saturday, May 21
- SESSION 11. Sunday, May 22
- GRADUATION. Saturday, June 11
*All sessions run from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (except Session 8, which may start earlier and Graduation, which is usually scheduled for the afternoon).