San Diego Leadership Alliance Institute Quick Facts
What is the San Diego Leadership Alliance?
- The San Diego Leadership Alliance (SDLA) is a local nonprofit dedicated to building progressive leadership in San Diego.
- The SDLA’s flagship program is the SDLA Institute, a six-month intensive skills and relationship building program for progressive young professionals.
The SDLA Institute includes the following elements:
- Personal leadership development
- Skill building in multiple areas, including policy analysis, political management, messaging, and strategic communications
- Training on fundraising for politics and nonprofits
- Application of fundraising skills via organizing a fellows’ fundraiser
- Spotlight speaker visits from local elected officials and prominent progressive leaders
- Networking events with the Institute class, the SDLA board, and the larger SDLA network
Who should apply for the SDLA Institute?
- The SDLA Institute is for progressive young professionals and emerging leaders.
- Institute Fellows have a demonstrated capacity to take risks and make meaningful change in the world around them.
- The SDLA Institute is not just for political professionals, but also for those in business, law, education, defense, and the non-profit and philanthropic sectors.
- Applicants should review the Institute schedule prior to applying, as all Fellows are expected to be present for the entirety of each Institute session.
How do I apply for the next SDLA Institute?
- Application opens September 13, 2022.
- DEADLINE: Applications are due by 11:59 PM on November 15, 2022.
- Applicants MUST be members of the SDLA ($30) to apply, and there is a $200 deposit to participate. The $200 deposit is returned to Fellows after they complete the Institute. If you intend to apply for SDLA's Institute and have not become a member, please click here: https://www.sdleadership.org/membership.
How do I learn more about the SDLA?
Visit our website at https://www.sdleadership.org/sdla-institute for the following information:
- Details on optional info-sessions for prospective applicants.
- Read about past Fellows, and past Institute programs.
- Sign up for the SDLA email distribution list.
How else can I help out the SDLA’s mission?
- Nominate candidates for the SDLA Institute at https://www.sdleadership.org/sdla-institute
- Offer to serve on a committee of the SDLA Board of Directors
- Become a member at https://www.sdleadership.org/membership.
Who runs the SDLA?
- The SDLA is a nonprofit, run by local volunteers.
- The San Diego Leadership Alliance is managed by two co-presidents, Kathleen Boyd and Maria Bojorquez-Gomez, as well as about 16 other board members.
San Diego Leadership Alliance
2023 Institute Dates
SESSIONS 1 & 2. Saturday & Sunday, January 28 & 29
- Happy Hour to follow with Fellows only.
- SESSION 3. Saturday, February 11
- SESSION 4. Saturday, February 25
- SESSION 5. Saturday, March 11
- SESSION 6. Saturday, March 25
- SESSION 7. Saturday, April 15
- SESSION 8. Saturday, April 29
- SESSION 9. Saturday, May 6
FELLOWS FUNDRAISER. Mid-May 2022
- SESSIONS 10 & 11. Saturday & Sunday, May 20 & 21
- GRADUATION. Saturday, June 3
*All sessions run from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (except Session 8, which may start earlier, and Graduation, which is usually scheduled for the afternoon).
Showing 2 reactions